Bodacious Color Country Salsa - Bunkhouse Size
This fresh salsa (salsa fresca) recipe has won many local, state and national salsa contests. The key to its winning is the amazing colors, crunchy taste, variety of flavors, and Bodacious Salsa Seasoning. It’s not a mild salsa, it has just enough spicey kick. This salsa will be gone in a very short time; It’s habit forming. Try it on scrambled eggs, maybe in an omelet or spread across a nice big tomahawk steak or layered in a fish taco.
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper diced
- ½ cup orange bell pepper diced
- 1 cup scallions minced
- 14 Roma tomatoes diced small
- ½ cup red onion diced small
- ½ cup white onion diced small
- ½ cup water chestnuts diced small
- 1 serrano chili chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced very fine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh preferred
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons Bodacious Salsa Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt - I use Real Salt
Add all diced peppers into a large mixing bowl; blend. Add scallions and Roma tomatoes, red and white onion, water chestnuts; mix thoroughly.
In a blender add serrano chiles, garlic, lemon juice; blend to a mush. Add the blended items to the mixing bowl. Add the cilantro, sea salt and Bodacious Salsa Seasoning; mix thoroughly.
Refrigerate for one hour to blend flavors. Taste and adjust salt if needed.