Everyone loves guacamole and, like other Southwestern recipes, it has lots of variations. I like mine with a crunchy taste. In this recipe I use a wonderful root vegetable, jicama, which gives my guacamole that little extra touch. Most folks have no idea what a jicama is. jicama is a wonderful addition to salads and appetizers. Time to gather the ingredients, blend all together and enjoy my crunchy guacamole.
Medium-Sized Mixing Bowl
- 3 avocado peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup red onion chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 small serrano chili minced
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons jicama minced
- ¼ teaspoon Bodacious Verde Seasoning
- 1 medium lime juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Real Salt Kosher Salt to taste
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add all ingredients and blend to a chunky pulp. Refrigerate, covered, for at least one hour before serving.
Spoon guacamole into a serving bowl surrounded with tortilla chips.